As the largest heavy construction association in Canada, the Alberta Roadbuilders and Heavy Construction Association is committed to providing a number of valuable services to, and on behalf of, its members.
Membership services include:
The Equipment Rental Rates Guide and Membership Roster
Each year, the ARHCA works together with equipment dealers and contractors across Alberta in a continuing effort to improve & refine the Equipment Rental Rates Guide. The Guide is used by hundreds of contractors and construction owners as the standard for equipment rates across Alberta.
Current Tender Call and Tender Result Information
This is provided daily via e-mail, including an estimated 95 per cent of all projects tendered to the industry in Alberta, plus updated plan holders’ lists.
On current government regulations, specifications and legislative changes affecting the construction industry.
Annual sessions include: the City of Edmonton Region Transportation Works Program and the City of Calgary Partnering with Industry Symposium. The ARHCA also organizes workshops and seminars in response to our industry’s changing needs, normally held during the winter months. Previous topics have included fatigue risk management, blueprint reading, environmental updates, ECOPlan updates, Surety 101, OHS code review, and job costing.
Membership in the Canadian Construction Association and the Western Canada Roadbuilders and Heavy Construction Association
As a member of the ARHCA, your company is automatically a member of the Canadian Construction Association, the national voice for Canada’s construction industry. Members receive the CCA newsletter and publications such as the Environmental Bulletin, the International Construction File and the Tax & Tariff Bulletin. CCA holds an annual convention that is attended by construction leaders from all sectors, and provides excellent opportunities for business development and professional growth.
As a member of the ARHCA, your company is also automatically a member of the Western Canada Roadbuilders and Heavy Construction Association, which includes members from B.C., Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba and advocates for strategic investment in Canada’s core infrastructure and transportation networks to help grow Canada’s economy. The WCR&HCA also holds an annual convention that allows industry leaders from all four provinces to get together to pursue common issues and interests.
Members receive regular emails from the Association including three Association Newsletters:
- Industry Trendwatch (Quarterly) - Strategic economic, labour and industry pricing information to help your company make better business decisions.
- Advocacy Updates (Quarterly) - News about the ARHCA’s most recent meetings and correspondence with government executives and elcted officals on industry challengers and regulatory issues that impact your company.
- Detours - Featuring new member profiles, ARHCA project news, recent collaborations, education and tranining information and other topics important to your sector.
- All ARHCA newsletters, meeting minutes, tender information and the annual report are also available – both current and archived copies – on the members-only side of the ARHCA website, accessible only to ARHCA member companies.
Business Development Opportunities & Annual Events
- CEO Breakfasts - free forums for members to discuss their concerns and challenges with the ARHCA CEO. These meetings are held in Edmonton, Calgary, Red Deer, Grande Prairie, Medicine Hat/Lethbrudge, and Fort McMurray between January and March.
- Annual Convention & Expo - This two-day event is held normally towards the end of November and is always well attended by members and guests.
- Annual Expo - Running concurrently with the Annual General Meeting and Convention, the Expo is a chance for member companies to show the industry its services and technologies.
Urban Infrastructure Seminars -
- Edmonton Region Transportation Works Program - Listen to presentations from the City of Edmonton, Alberta Transportation, City of Fort Saskatchewan, City of Leduc, City of St. Albert, EPCOR Water, Strathcona County & Town of Beaumont about what is planned for the upcoming construction season
- City of Calgary Partnering with Industry Symposium - The Partnering with Industry Symposium is a collaboration between The City of Calgary and the Alberta Roadbuilders & Heavy Construction Association. Now 16 years strong, this annual event serves as a venue to bring together The City of Calgary, public partners and local industry to share information on capital program budgets, upcoming projects, emerging trends, and issues.
Seminars & Information Sessions - each year, the ARHCA offeres a variety of technical seminars, management & leadership sessions, and professional development opportunities.
- Asphalt Paving Best Practices
- Workplace Essential Skills 101
- Increasing Your Professional & Leadership Power
- Working Together: Effective Ways to Build Successful Teams
- Golf Tournaments - Eight tournaments are held annually across Alberta. These are great networking opportunities for members.
Sponsorship & Advertising Opportunities
The ARHCA makes sponsorship opportunities available only to ARHCA members at golf tournaments, area meetings, and the AGM and Convention. These are excellent marketing and advertising opportunities for the ARHCA supply & service sector members.
Edmonton Meeting Facilities
The Association makes its boardrooms available to members at no charge. One boardroom seats up to 14 people, the second boardroom seats up to 8 people, and are available on a pre-booking basis.